Okay finally... A day for the rest of us! It's National Left-Handers Day!
Here are some fun facts about us lefties:
- ONLY 15 % of the population is left-handed.
- 4 of our last 6 presidents were left-handed: Obama, Clinton, Bush Sr., and Reagan were all lefties. So that's gotta mean somethin' right?!
- 50 % of dogs are left pawed: Research has found that half of dogs favor their left paw over their right. Yep that confuses me too!
- Lefties are thought to be more creative: While there’s no scientific proof, many left-handed people follow careers in the arts. Um... PROOF... ME! 😁
- It’s not genetic … at least not entirely: Scientists think that your dominant hand is completely random because studies have shown that many twins have opposite handedness. I did have an aunt that was left-handed, so...
- Mothers over 40 are more likely to have left-handed babies: A study found that babies of moms over 40 are twice as likely to be lefties. My Mom was in her early 20's when she had me.
- Lefties like to drink more than righties: Cheers to the left-handed, because according to an international survey, they drink more than their right-handed peers. Not sure I agree with this one... 🤔 I've known some sloshy righties in my time. heh heh heh
- Left-handed people make better athletes: It has everything to do with right-handed people being unable to effectively react and anticipate your movements. I often play sports with my right hand, so another strange dynamic for me!
- Most left-handed people learn to be ambidextrous: Not because they want to, but because they have to. It’s a right-handed world. Or some of us had relatives or teachers, back in the day, that tried to change us! It's good to be able to use both though... Just think of the possibilities! For more on this VERY SPECIAL DAY go here: Good Housekeeping